Monday, November 3, 2008

Steve and Angie Arrive

Well, crapola. Steve and Angie were due here around 4:30, so I started making some food for dinner. I warmed up the rest of my gumbo, the rest of my potato soup, and made my cornbread. They arrived around 5:00, and said they'd eaten on the way. Now, I've got to figure out what to do with my food. Two quart jars of gumbo, and two quart jars of potato soup, no friggin way I can eat all that. I'm finishing off the gumbo, and I'm putting the soup in the fridge for lunch tomorrow, I guess. The cornbread doesn't worry me much, I can reheat that in the oven in the morning. It's good for dinner, and breakfast. Now they've gone off to take Justice trick-or-treating in town. A little more solitude then, I guess. I've got things I need to do anyway. I'll put the tractor away, do dishes, and sharpen the chain saw again. That poor thing needed it today. I sharpened it to the point that it actually bogged the motor down a little. It hasn't cut like that in a long time. I'll just touch it up, and put it up. Then I'll sit around the fire for a bit. I think there is enough firewood to last the weekend. I used up one stack in the past three days. I added another stack today, so theoretically, there is almost a weeks worth of wood cut and stacked. Guess we'll find out. I don't know how much writing I'll be able to do the rest of the weekend, so I'll probably just add to the blog when I get home. For now, I'm gonna finish the half-friggin-gallon of gumbo...

No comments: