Monday, November 3, 2008

Arrival

It's Tuesday night, just after 8. I am just sitting down to dinner in the Mio cabin. It was 38 degrees inside when I walked in. I've put some food in the dorm fridge, taken my clothes into the bedroom, and brought the radio in and turned it on. It just played George Jones, "Give It Away". I've dished up a giant plate of Tiffany's homemade chicken pot pie, and sat down to type a little. It's already warmed up 8 degrees in here, though sitting here on the couch you wouldn't know it. The thermometer is mounted at about 6 feet above the floor, and I'm sitting, so my hands are within two feet of the ground. I don't think I can type with gloves, so I'll be keeping this somewhat short tonight. This isn't really camping, since there is electricity here, a fridge and stove, cabinets, a dinner table, and two bedrooms. There is a hand pump for water, and an outhouse out back. It's isolation, though, and that is what I need. I'll have it for the next three days. I expect Steve and Angie sometime Friday. When I arrive back on my own doorstep, I'll be posting whatever I've written during my time here, so I'll have to date these individually. Today is the 28th. For now, I'm going to demolish the 1/4 of a pot pie that I've dished up, and I'm sure I'll go back for seconds. Tiffany, you make one hella good chicken pot pie. Just another reason to love you.

No comments: