Saturday, November 22, 2008

The New Gumby?


Alright, something is wrong. For the last couple weeks everywhere I go, people are suppressing smirks and laughs. Mostly girls. One guy. At a McDonald's drive through, I was certain the guy taking my money was going to make some sort of comment, but he didn't. I was waiting, with a response concerning the size of his 21 year old pot belly. He just smirked and gave me change. Then the girl giving me my food was smiling and smirking too. I walked into a cider mill for some cider and doughnuts, and heard laughter as I entered. The pretty young lady at the cash register was smiling hugely, and commented on my hat. I heard more laughter as I left. I went into a Lowe's a little later, and got the same sort of response. By this time, I'm pretty sure I have something huge and black in my teeth, maybe a green streak in my hair, left half my face unshaven, or I've suddenly become flat and green with a crooked-topped head and travel with a sidekick pony named Pokey. I thought it might be my hat, so I went a couple places without it, with the same results. Maybe I'm becoming a conehead...

No comments: