Monday, November 3, 2008

Cold Night

Holy crap is it cold up here. The outside thermometer says 26 degrees. Inside this morning it was 40. Sleeping was a little chilly last night, as the top blanket decided to migrate to the floor. I plugged in the little electric heater in my room last night and turned it on the lowest setting, just so I wouldn't freeze in case something like that happened. When I crawled out of bed, I thought that it must not have gotten too cold, cuz it never kicked on. I realized shortly, though, that when I turned the light off with the switch, it also cut the power to the outlet that the heater was plugged in to. Ah well. I'll probably sleep the same way tonight anyway. For now, I'm gonna finish my bacon and eggs, then go find some firewood for the fire pit, then get started on the tractor. Hopefully it warms up a little... If not, I suppose I can put the little portable propane heater in the trailer and warm it up. We'll see.



Carry on

No comments: