Monday, November 3, 2008

I Can't Do It

I can not support Abama. Yeah, I spelled it that way purposely. Short for Abomination. The man is brilliant. He is a wonderful speaker, and has roped in many, many Americans with his vague and unclear promises of hope and change. Too many answers to burning questions are vague and non specific. I don't like that. He can not believe in the second amendment if he does not know what it means. He will not say for sure that he agrees with the Supreme Court ruling on their interpretation of it. He believes that certain things on firearms need to be regulated. The only thing that needs to be regulated is education. Firearms education is the absolute best way to prevent accidents and misuse. There is not nearly enough education. Most of what children and many adults know about guns is what they see/hear in tv, movies, and media. That's a subject for another day. Too many issues get a generic and energetic answer from him. He has suckered in someone very close to me, and I'm disappointed as hell. We got into a conversation about him, and I asked her some pointed questions. She responded with anger and defensiveness. All I wanted from her was answers. I was not trying to grill her or change her mind, I was looking for information. She could not give me anything. I asked her one final question before she left. That was "what exactly do you like about him? what answers to what questions make you want him running our country?". This was at the end of a rather unpleasant conversation. She had no answers. Neither does he. I haven't heard a direct and detailed answer from him concerning much of anything that I consider important. I have heard of a fine on people who don't have insurance coverage on their children. I can find no such thing on his site concerning this, but I have found many references to requiring people to have coverage for their children. No requirement can be enforced without some sort of penalty. I want to see what, exactly, it is. Can't do it. I have seen nothing specific, and all kinds of brilliantly flashy waffling. I want a person in office who will answer directly, take responsibility for their actions, and be an upstanding and respectable citizen. No "present" votes, no vague and incomplete answers, no dancing around the issue. Answer the damn question with a definitive answer, and you'll have my respect, even if I don't agree with you.

1 comment:

Stacy B. said...

Answer the damn question with a definitive answer, and you'll have my respect, even if I don't agree with you.

AMEN!!!!!!!!