Saturday, October 25, 2008

Polish Joke

Here's one for ya. I used to work for a polish man. He had some odd quirks. Smart man, but he did some things that would make you go "what the..." For example:

I arrived for work one morning, and went about the normal morning routine. As I started to load the van with wood, I noticed a flat tire on the left rear of the van. One of my partners showed up at that point still drunk from the night before. The boss did not have a jack to raise the van. Boss's solution? Stack a couple short bundles of wood on the crushed concrete driveway, place a 4x6 over the stack and under the axle. Work partner is to stand on the end of the 4x6 and raise the van. I'm having serious doubts now about mental stability... Miraculously, it works. We remove the flat and attempt to put the full size spare on in it's place. Spare does not fit. It seems that the extremely mad and drunk work partner only has enough leverage to lift the axle high enough to remove a flat, not to install an inflated tire. Boss's solution to this new problem? Dig a hole in the crushed concrete to make room for the spare. Okey dokey. We dig a hole, install the tire, and let the red and slobbering mad man off the end of the long stick. Van is back down on the ground with 4 good tires. Finish loading van, get in, start engine and drive away, except that we can't, because we are stuck in a hole........ Yeah, for real. I couldn't make this up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahaahaaaa that story makes me laugh every time i hear it!!!