Thursday, October 9, 2008

Half-staff

May as well start out with a bang. I've noticed some flags around here flying at half staff every day. I suspect the reason for this may be that our fearless leader (read: Granholm) requests quite often that flags be lowered in recognition of fallen heroes in the middle east. As do many people, I have family fighting over there. I am appalled at the idea of lowering my flag for the day to "honor" the sacrifice of a soldier. If any of my family gives his/her life in defense of my freedom, I will dip my flag in the morning, but it will fly at the top for the remainder of the day. Many, many soldiers have died in order to see that our banners fly in honor at the top of our flagpoles. I intend to see that all those lives are honored by flying mine at the top every day, with minimal exception. I grieve for those losses, and give thanks to all soldiers who do their job every day to defend this wonderful country. You have my unending respect.


Carry on

No comments: