Monday, January 19, 2009

Plow

I can't just leave this one... It's short, so I have time. I worked a really long day yesterday (a Sunday). I pulled into my driveway around 7:30. I opened the gate to my backyard and drove far enough off the driveway to be able to clear it. I no sooner got out of the car when I heard a voice say "excuse me, sir?". I turned to see a black man, 30-35, 5'9", 160 lbs, holding a shovel. I just looked at him. He asked "can I shovel your driveway for a few dollars?". At least, I think thats what he said. He was very difficult to understand. I told him I was getting ready to plow it. He said "plowit?". I said "yeah, plow it". He just looked at me. I said "plow??". He said " I don't know what that is". I was floored. I told him I was going to use my tractor to clear my driveway. He proceed to insist that he do it. We went back and forth for probably 90 seconds or so. I told him no numerous times, and that I didn't have any cash. I finally had to show him my empty wallet before he would leave.

Who the hell doesn't know what a plow is?