Monday, October 12, 2009

I don't know

Sorry, no title today. I'm not in much of a thinking mood. There are so many things going on out here that my mind is incredibly occupied. This company is really good at keeping people busy, even when they aren't doing anything. It's an amazing feat. I don't much care for that, though. It means I don't have a lot of time to think about things like home, and family, and important stuff like that. Not that I really have a place to call home right now, but you get my point.
There is so much beautiful country out here. I've only seen a little tiny bit of it, and I've only seen it during a short period of one season. I don't think I could ever get tired of the natural scenery. It's changing from day to day, whether it's because I'm driving through somewhere different, or the weather makes the appearance different.
It doesn't matter, though, because there are a lot of things going on at home that I want to be a part of. One person in particular I miss like crazy. I'm sitting here in the rain, two thousand miles away, wishing I could have just one hug from her. It's hard to take. Everything I see, I want her to see too.
My family is in the middle of the yearly get-together in the U.P. right now. I know they are waking up to some nice, crisp, early winter mornings, smelling the campfire and bacon and coffee, talking about everything and nothing, listening to nothing but nature whispering for miles around. I look so forward to that time every year. I don't even care much about the hunting. It's the solitude and companionship that mixes so strangely up there.
I suppose I should probably get to sleep, I'm gonna have to drive at some point tomorrow, and this is not going to make for a very good day. I'll sign off for now. Maybe there will be time again in the near future for more writing.
I like it out here, but I miss home.

No comments: