Sunday, February 8, 2009

Crappy day

Yesterday was a pain in my ass. First thing I did was forget completely about an appointment to go measure a job. I was supposed to be in Metamora at 9:00 am. I received a phone call at 9:34 while I was watching the weather channel and eating my bacon, eggs, and grits. "Hello, this is ***** **********". My response was "Oh, crap". I hurried up to finish breakfast, showered, and ran out the door. I bs'd with the homeowner for quite a while, trying to figure out what was best for him, then split. I hit the road around 12:30. I was supposed to go to Saginaw for another 12:00 MOC meeting with Steve. He was conveniently unavailable again. Same as last time. I had a little time now to get some laundry done, something I needed to do anyway. I went to meet Tiffany for lunch, then went home. I realized that I needed to rotate my tires before getting all cleaned up for the Daddy/Daughter dance later. I had just enough time. I rolled the car in the garage, and began to loosen lugnuts all the way around. The ones on the left front tire were on so tight that the breaker bar beat the hell out of my hands with the vibration, but they all came loose. The ones on the right front were just as tight, except one. THAT one was so tight, it would NOT come loose. I pulled so friggin hard on the breaker bar the the tire actually spun on the concrete, then the #*&%$*# chrome casing on the lugnut broke loose. That left me with a lugnut that has no proper sized socket. I fought and fought with that bastard, but it would not come loose. I finally had to give up, retighten the other lugnuts, and go get ready. By this time, I was going to be late. I went in and cleaned up, dressed up, and ran out the door in time to pick up my daughter ten minutes behind schedule. We went to the dance, had a good time, then went out for dinner afterward. I dropper her off at around 8:00, then called Tiffany. That's a whole other story, though. I never did get laundry done. At least I have a picture of me and Savanna at the dance...

2 comments:

Stacy B. said...

Where is said picture? :-)

Outdoorsman said...

It is on photo paper in a frame that Savanna decorated with different hearts at the dance. The whole thing is sitting on top of my tv now. :D